By default, all your folders are a lovely shade of grey. Not the most exciting colour, but that can easily be changed and is useful for quickly identifying the folder you want.
1) Right click on the folder you want to change. This brings up the menu.
2) Click on “Change colour” and this opens the palette of 24 colours. Just click on the colour you want and it changes the colour of the folder.
Note: if this is a shared folder, this doesn’t change the colour for those who also have access to it.
Tip: Colour folders in the same category the same colour. This visually shows they are linked.
Tip2: If you select multiple folders, it will colour all of them at the same time.
eBooks available on Drive, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Sheet Functions:
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Drive” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Forms” - iBooks store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Sheets" - iBooks store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Docs" - iBooks Store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Slides" - iBooks Store / Kindle store
- "Google Sheet Functions - A step-by-step guide" - iBooks Store / Kindle Store