You may have hundreds of files on your Google Drive, but if you’re like me, you end up using certain ones all the time. To help you get to those files or folders quickly, Google Drive has the option to “star” them, so that they appear in the “Star” filter. Here’s how to do it:
1) Right-click on the file or folder you want to star.
If you want to star multiple files or folders in the same folder, remember you can do that be select them either holding down Ctrl or Shift, selecting them and then right-clicking.
2) Click on “Add star”.
3) A little star will appear next to you files or folders.
4) Go to the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and click “Starred”.
Here you’ll find your starred files and folders for quick access.
If you want to remove them from this filter. Just right-click on a file or folder and click “Remove star”.
eBooks available on Drive, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Sheet Functions:
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Drive” – iBooks store / Kindle store
- “Beginner’s Guide to Google Forms” - iBooks store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Sheets" - iBooks store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Docs" - iBooks Store / Kindle store
- "Beginner's Guide to Google Slides" - iBooks Store / Kindle store
- "Google Sheet Functions - A step-by-step guide" - iBooks Store / Kindle Store